Monday, August 14, 2006

Why I'm so Cheery!?

Hey guys!

After talking with 2 of my favorite people today I realized I used my blog as a vent. Which is a great thing b/c I love it lol but I also realized I should try and give back to those who give so much to me on here!

Tonight was the start of me watching my neighbors animals. I really should be called a zoo keeper or Noah b/c there are so many animals at Andy's house. Well, the newest addition to the farm are these four little kittens. He apparently just found them a few days ago in the sewer so he brought them home and has had them in his bathroom ever since. Well, tonight I changed that! lol! I went over there and did my homework (b/c Corporal Keith had it on the History channel, and honestly who can do genetics with WWII literally going on in the background?)! While I was doing my homework I let these little guys out to explore their new world!

They were so adorable! They all ran around seeing the sites! Everything was soo new to them! They were truely excited to see thie new home. At first not all of them were comfortable but after a little while they all warmed up and were comfortable with their surroundings. And soon enough they got tired and fell asleep. I wonder sometimes if we aren't like those little kittens when it comes to our relationship with God. If once we accept Christ or get back from a retreat and we are on that spiritual high and we are soo excited and everything is new to us. Then after awhile we get comfortable with our surroundings and where our relationship with Christ is. And pretty soon we fall asleep.

There is another story in all of this! There was one kitten that wasn't into everything that was going on. He was the runt of the litter ... I named him Buttons I don't really know why but I did. It's a very manly name don't you think "Buttons". Buttons stayed in the small bathroom where he had been kept, even when all his siblings were out galvanting around. So I decided he needed a little encoragement. When I picked him up to take him out of the bathroom, he didn't like it to much. He definatly went into defensive mode and sratched me. And me being as lucky as I am I happened to have an allergic reaction from this sratch. I'm talking my eye swelled up and my face go red (my face looked AlMoSt as bad as yours Mike! JK!) it was UgLy! For a while after I took him out of the bathroom he sat underneath a chair in the corner. He seemed timid, almost scared of his brothers and sisters. So I figured a little one on one action would help him out. I took out one of the bookmarks I had in my bible to catch his attention. It was one of those bookmarks with the ribbon on the end. At first he had no idea what this was and was a little slow at cathing on, but by the end of the night I might of considered him a pouncing panther! lol! Even though he did sometimes get distracted by the things his brothers and sisters were doing he always came back. He knew that I was going to be there for him. Once he really got into playing with the bookmark his brothers and sisters figured out what he was doing looked pretty cool and they wanted to join. But unfortunatly I had to come home and type this before I forgot it all! :)

Now I think out of the 2 stories that I shared I think that we should strive to be like the runt. Not so much the timid and scared part, but the part that once we figured out what we were doing with our relationship with Christ, we still may get distracted, but that we'll always come back to Him because we know that He will be there for us. I also think that our excitment and our love for Christ should be so visible that everyone around us will want to experience the love of Christ.

So I hope you enjoyed it! Later!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Nolan said...

Very cool, Audra! I love the way you constantly see God in all you do. Thanks for sharing.

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a vessel for Him. He's just running thru your veins and jumpin out all over the place...that's so cool. Love ya Babe!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have i ever told you that i LOVE you?! cause i do!! you never cease to aMaZe me!

you're crazy! you're crazy! lol

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home