Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Mothers Birthday forgotten ... Oops! :O

Yes, yesterday December 27, 2005 my mothers birthday was forgotten. Not only by one of her daughters but also her husband! Luckily I remembered and was able to scramble the two forgetful ones together and half-way make something of my mothers birthday. My sister had forgotten, not on purpose, but just because she was getting ready for Montgomery Cotillion (for college students). And my father ... well he just is very forgetful! Ha! So me being the good citizen I am I shared my gift with Heather to give our mother, and called dad to pick up a dozen roses on the way to the restaurant . Talk about total chaos! You know moms get 2 days out of the year for recognition for everything that they do ... and when one of those is simply forgotten ... it's not a happy household. Mothers have got to be the most unselfish people God has created. There's a gene in all of them that just can't stop from giving. My mom didn't ask for alot ... actually she didn't ask for anything! But she deserves more than anything we can give her! So here's a shout out to all the mothers of the world ... Happy Birthday and Thanks! :)

P.S. - So you know I was asked to go to a Youth Theological Camp at Emory University, which is cool and all ... except my moms Church of Christ! Ha! You know I've been waiting for the right moment to ask her if I could go! Well, I got a little anxious and asked today ... BAD IDEA! lol! So peace of advice ... if anyone forgets your mothers birthday don't ask for anything you want! ;)Peace out A*town down!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What Big Judy had a birthday?! Tell her what Lanie told me, "you look like you're in your twenties and you haven't had any work done."
BTW-JP forgot my birthday once, ONCE! It was when the girls were little. He came home from some play war thing all excited. He couldn't figure out why I was displeased. I finally got so mad and hurt, I left the house. If I hadn't I wouldn't have been responsible for my action. I drove around got a soda from Sonic and went home to a very sad attempt at a birthday cake. JP, had to call my Mom to figure out why I was so upset. The girls decided they needed to bake me a cake. For a five and two year old it was a good attempt. Well, he hasn't forgotten a birthday since.
BTW- I'm writting this from a hotel in Houston, waiting with my brother in law for laundry to be done. We all get on a big boat tomorrow. So far we are having a blast. Anyway, see you next year!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Monk said...

Hey! I figured it out myself! AND I only called your mother to help me figure out how best to get outta the predicament. The cake was a joint effort, not just the girls. So I can't bake......sue me. (Have you looked at your right ring finger recently, by the way?)
Monk

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home